Thomas Cook

Employee Support - Redundancy

Thomas Cook Employee Support

Please be aware we have received a high number of enquiries and applications for help. Rest assured we will get back to you as soon as we can. We appreciate your understanding.


To ensure you are applying for the right benefits The ‘Help to claim’ service through our
partner Citizens Advice Manchester can help you. 

                0800 1448 444

For Thomas Cook Greater Manchester residents Citizens Advice Manchester have an additional support service in place.

Emergency Financial Assistance - Food vouchers for the essentials

If you require emergency financial assistance we can help initially with supermarket vouchers making sure you have the essentials. The food e-vouchers we send can be used to buy groceries and essential goods (nappies, toiletries) only.

If you have received food vouchers before and require further support for Christmas, please use our Christmas support form to apply for more help. You will not be required to provide the supporting documentation as we have verified this before.

If this is the first time you have applied for food vouchers please fill in the online form below and submit all the supporting documentation including a copy of your redundancy letter, full bank statements and driving licence (additional details of what is required is on the form).


If you have an questions about the process please give us a call on 020 3693 0171. 

Please note the deadline for help before Christmas is the 19th of December, after this date we will no longer be processing submissions. (The ABTA LifeLine offices will be closed from the 23rd of December to the 6th of January).

LONGER TERM ADDITIONAL SUPPORT - what else we can help with

If you are struggling to pay your priority bills such as rent, mortgage and utilities, or need help with getting to interviews or even pay for a school trip, we may be able to help you. We tailor our support to suit you and your family situation. Our LifeLine really does stretch far and wide.

In addition, through our partners Citizens Advice Manchester (CAM) we can provide you with expert advice on debt, benefits, housing and budgeting at no cost to you. With your consent we can refer you to CAM who will work with you (over the telephone) to see what the options are to manage your situation including help with your creditors and in some cases take on benefit appeals. They will also be able to advise us on the best way that we can help you further. Everything is treated in strict confidence.

To obtain this support we need you to complete our detailed application form which we will send you once you have filled out our enquiry form.

Once you have the form, please complete it as fully as possible and send back recorded delivery with all supporting documentation. This should include evidence of having worked for an ABTA Member (Thomas Cook), a current bank statement, any medical records if relevant, any financial statements from any debt agencies such as Stepchange, and any other supporting documents.

Please blank out any confidential information such as bank account numbers etc. for your own security. Also, we may need your written permission to speak to other third parties that might be able to help us with your application such as case officers, housing officers etc. 

On receipt of the form we will get back to you with any further questions or information required. Once we have all the information your application will be considered by the Board of Trustees who will make the decision as to whether we can help, and if we can, in what capacity. The application form itself is not a guarantee of help.

Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch if you have any questions - we’re here and happy to help.


Greater Manchester Partners have come together to help Thomas Cook employees further including employment advice and access to Bupa's employee assistance programme.

Travel Weekly have done a list of employers that might be applicable to you. Here is a link to the article