Big Charity Day 2018
Join the travel industry's annual Big Charity Day on Thursday 28th June 2018
This year we are celebrating the almighty football World Cup for our theme and would love for you to join us. Supporting us will help to raise the vital funds and awareness we need to reach more colleagues and their families.
And with so many opportunities to have fun whilst doing so, you won’t want to miss out.
Take part in our industry wide Freestyle Challenge; we’re looking for the most skilled, stylish and silly freestyler in travel; perhaps in an interesting location or destination!
Simply post your video on Twitter to @abtalifeline with #LifeLineFC to be in with a chance to win.
The fun doesn't stop there, with endless fundraising possibilities there are so many ways for you to get involved. Check out some of our ideas below on how to celebrate the World Cup whilst raising vital funds and awareness of your amazing industry charity.
Just charge £1 or any other amount for taking part. How about:
- Sweepstake - visit us again here on the 1st of May to download our World Cup Sweepstake poster for a bit of fun & friendly competition. Cut out the teams, put them in a hat, and everyone pays to pick one out. Half of the money goes to the winner and the other half goes to ABTA LifeLine.
- Host a Game – Whether you’ll be celebrating with or comforting each other, it’s always more fun to watch the game together. Serve food and charge more.
- Football Fancy Dress - Will you be keeping it simple as a football fan donning your team’s colours, or go all out as a commentator with a cardboard box TV and faux beard….?
- Office Football – Grab your old school foam footballs, use jumpers for goalposts and scooooooore! Or empty your bin and have a paper penalty shootout.
- Football Bake Sale – Gather the Mary Berrys and Paul Hollywoods of your office to go head to head in the ultimate bake off, and then sell their football feasts (yum!)
- Football Quiz – Which player has made the most appearances at the World Cup? Which country was the first to host the World Cup twice? Take part to find out…
- Football Bingo – “Come on Ref! I just need one more yellow card for a full house!”
With so much fun to be had, and cake to be won, get planning now to make sure your workplace is the winner.
We want you and your colleagues to be as excited as us about our Big Charity Day, so make sure you check back here on the 1st of May for everything you need, including posters to display in your workplace and social media snippets to show your industry colleagues that you’re ready for the #LifeLineFC battle.
Whether you’re going wild and whacky or small and simple we would love to hear from you.
Remember to share your pictures, plans and parties on social media with #LifeLineFC.
How to donate
A small contribution right now could make a big difference to someone else. Every donation allows us to continue supporting our colleagues who need it the most.
With so many ways to donate, it couldn’t be easier to pay in the funds you have raised.
£1 per employee appeal – Don’t have the time to fundraise? Why not sign up to our £1 per employee appeal instead. Simply donate £1 for each of your employees. Even if you only have a handful of staff, your donation can make a huge difference. Contact us today to join.
JustGiving – Pay your money directly to our JustGiving Page, you can use MasterCard, Visa Credit Card, Visa Electron, Visa Debit (or Visa Delta), Switch/Maestro and PayPal in nine different currencies.
Bank Transfer – Contact us today for our details.
PayPal – Send your donations to email@example.com.
Text – Send ALFC18 followed by your donation amount (E.G. ALFC18 £10) to 70070.
Cheque – All cheques must be made out to ABTA LifeLine and be sent to us at the below address:
30 Park Street